Education Foundation, Inc
Association of San Diego
Thank you for your submission!
Now that you have completed the prerequisite questions, these are the next steps:
- You must not have a sexual felony criminal record.
- You Must pass an interview with the apprenticeship council first before you can sign up for the program. This judge’s commitment, passion, attitude and your general character.
- Must join the ACF as a Student Culinarian
- Must enroll at Mesa Community College under the Apprenticeship course. Date to be determined
- Must look for a sponsoring house to accept you as an apprentice.
All Apprentices must register as a student to enroll in the apprenticeship program. The only way an apprentice can enroll is to follow and complete the above steps first before you are allowed to sign up for the related instruction. All fees are unknown as of now as the curriculum is being processed by the Mesa College Dean of Education and such fees will be established soon.
There are sponsoring houses that will accept apprentices. This is a two-year contract of 4000 hours of on the job training that both the Apprentice and Employer need to honor.
You will sign an agreement that states that you agree to these terms below:
- If an apprentice starts to jump from one restaurant, hotel, club, etc to the next without prior approval or knowledge of the ACF program coordinator for whatever reasons, then the apprentice will be dismissed from the program and all expenses paid by the CDCEF for that apprentice will need to be refunded back to the foundation by the apprentice.
- If an apprentice is not showing up for related instruction at Mesa College, then the apprentice can be dismissed from the program after an investigation is held. Again all expenses paid by the CDCEF for that apprentice will need to be refunded back to the foundation by the apprentice.
- Any property that represents the Apprenticeship program will need to be returned upon dismissal.